Vito Glazers on Twitter.com
Twitter is a microblogging social networking website where users express themselves with 140 characters or less. It was launched in 2006. It remains one of the ten most visited websites on the internet, with more than 500 million registered users. At one time it also handled 1.6 billion searches per day.
This is a social network for users who like to be over connected. It also gives individuals direct access to addressing brands and celebrities.
1) People can follow you, but you do not have to follow them back
2) Verified accounts let users know which celebrity profiles are legitimate
3) Equally accessible on desktop and mobile
1) Limited to 140 characters
2) Reduced compatability with Instagram
3) Pointless if the user does not have an audience
Social Network Review:
Twitter is a social network comprised completely of status updates. Because of its simplicity it is a useful tool to keep in touch with close friends. It is a good tool to use to archive thoughts, ideas, links, and photos. Twitter is one of the few social networks that allows adult content. It is an important tool in sharing viral ideas and connecting people and brands.